Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First night run

I ran 7 miles on the bike trails running north and south along the Squaw Peak Freeway (State route 51) this evening. The trail is behind a 12 foot wall which blocks out most of the freeway noise. Tonight, I ran from Roadrunner Park north past Bell Road and back. My splits weren't too bad, although somewhat erratic: 8:48, 8:44, 8:48, 8:31, 8:42, 8:12, 8:31. Overall average pace was 8:36/m.

My right foot started to feel numb shortly after passing the 4 mile mark and got worse as I approached 5 miles. Fortunately, whatever caused the problem went away and full feeling was restored before I hit the 6 mile mark.

This was my fist night run. The temperature was about 90 when I started (just before sun set). Other than the numbness in my right foot, everything worked fine.

Total miles for the week so far - 20.2

Keep running

No comments: