Saturday, July 08, 2006

Enough is Enough

Evidently, yesterday’s 7.6 mile jaunt through the hills of Carlsbad did me in. Either that or I'm no longer capable of running in 90 degree heat. Either way, after only 3 miles this morning, I had had enough and stopped running. I can't say that anything was really wrong; my brain was just simply screaming STOP. My legs weren't cramping. My pace was OK (just under 9 min/mile) and I took a quick HR immediately after stopping, it was only 112 bpm. So although everything was ok, I just didn't feel like running any further. We'll see how tomorrow's long run goes.

I hope you are all having better days.

Training for the Week:

Mon - 7.5, easy, 9:22/mi pace
Tue - 7.0, easy, 8:57/mi pace
Wed - 7.1, easy, 8:49/mi pace
Thr - 5.7, 4x800 with 400 recovery; 6:38 avg pace
Fri - 7.6, easy, 8:57/mi pace
Sat - 3.1, easy, 8:53/mi pace

1 comment:

Shane (mississip) said...

I ran my long run last week at a time that was too hot and it almost killed me! It got me up earlier this morning! :-)