Thursday, August 17, 2006

Why rush?

Another run around Cooper’s Loop this morning, with the dog in tow. Instead of charging along with the wind in my face as I did yesterday, I held back for the first 3 miles and just enjoyed the run. Don’t know what the splits were(they are in my Garmin, but I haven’t looked yet), but I imagine I was running somewhere around the 9:20 range. I picked up the pace on mile 4 and mile 5 running closer to a 9:00/mi pace and then settled back down for the final 3 miles. Overall average pace for the 8 miles worked out to 9:16.

Somewhere along mile 3 a diesel truck drove by and the mild odor of diesel exhaust caused me to have vivid memories of one of my favorite places to run; along La Garone River in Toulouse France. In the mornings, you can run for miles along the river with virtually no one else about. It’s very peaceful. It’s funny how a disgusting odor brought up such a lovely image.

Keep running

Mon – Rest Day
Tue – 8.0 miles, easy, 8:55/mi pace
Wed – 8.0 miles, easy, 8:34/mi pace
Thr – 8.0 miles, easy, 9:16/mi pace

6 comments:

D said...

Cute dog. Good runs!

DawnB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DawnB said...

Another good run, I am working on achieving training paces like yours on my training runs again. Some where along the line I lost it, I keep thinking its because I run alone. I answered your question regarding my plan on your previous days post.

Dusty said...

looks like a nice place to run!

Amy said...

France...sounds like a nice place to run...or just be...better than here :)

Reading about your runs keeps me motivated to get better!

Oh, and about the class..you are expecting nothing short of an A+ and I am expecting nothing short of "Distinguised Graduate"...kinda like the Valedictorian for the Air Force (do I have to know how to spell Valedictorian to be chosen?? hope not!)

angie's pink fuzzy said...

oh man, running in France!