Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The more things change, the more they stay the same

This morning, Cooper and I started a new marathon training program based on Pete Pfitzinger's book, "Advanced Marathoning”. After running four 8 milers last week, I was looking forward to something new. Of course, what was sitting at the top of this week’s training plan: “8 miles, aerobic conditioning w/ 10x100 strides. Go figure. Of course, looking at this positively, I could say that all the aimless running I did last week actually had a purpose. It got me well prepared to start my new program.

Have a great week running

Training for the week

Mon – Rest Day (1.6 mile walk)
Tue – 8 miles, easy, w/ 10x100 strides, 9:07 avg pace

8 comments:

neese said...

hi phil!

good luck with your new program sounds like you have the mileage to back it up, indeed.

(thanks for your comment on my blog :)

DawnB said...

Great start Phil, but with something new added. Strides sound dare devilish :) Sound like this will be a challenging and demanding plan. I believe that you are more than prepare for this new plan.

Feminist Runner said...

This sounds wicked. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing about the adventures.
I love strides -- and adding them to an 8 milers is a new thing to me.

D said...

Good luck with your new plan Phil. I'm looking forward to reading about your thoughts on this program as you progress.

Thomas said...

Phil, there aren't that many 8-milers in Pfitz's program, and you will soon enough encounter something new. Personally I think it's a great book. Make sure to read the whole opus, not just the schedules; his explanations on threshold, VO2max and all the other stuff are excellent.

Incidentally, I'm coming to the end of the 70/24 schedule describerd in that book. I'm following it quite closely.

Dusty said...

Good luck with your new plan. I look forward to reading your workouts. I know you'll do great at it!

Feminist Runner said...

You got me all worked up about the Grand Canyon now -- I almost needed to go on a second run after I read your comment.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

there's no such thing as aimless running :)

good luck with the new program.