Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sick Day

I forgot runners can get sick. I must have eaten a bad sausage for dinner yesterday because I spent most the of night sick. My stomach felt bloated and woke me up every 40 mintues or so. I just wanted to throw up ... but couldn't will myself to do so. Things didn't feel any better this morning. In addition, I couldn't sleep in because I had to get up to get down to Tucson to fix my daughter's evaporative cooler (just your typical 130 mile service call).

I had the cooler running within an hour and at this point I think that I'll just hang out in her house for the rest of the day before I drive back to Phoenix. I brought my running gear with me, but it doesn't look like I'll get in a long run today. Just as well, my left hamstring is acting up and it could probably use the rest.

Have a great week ahead.

TRAINING FOR WEEK:

Mon: Rest Day
Tue: 5.0 miles, easy, 9:00/mi pace (approx)
Wed: 2.3 miles, tempo, 7:39/mi pace (don't ask what happened)
Thr: 5.0 miles, easy, 8:18/mi pace (yes!)
Fri: Rest Day
Sat: 10k, race, 7:25/mi avg pace (not too bad)
Sun: Sick Day

Total Mileage for the week: 22.6 miles

7 comments:

Feminist Runner said...

Feel better -- being sick as a runner is like two forms of illness, the one in your head and the one if your body.
Take care!

carmen said...

I'm really glad you're not the kind of runner that keeps running even though they obviously need to give their body a rest--even when they're downright sick.

Here's to better running days this week!

Mike said...

Feel better Phil. Nice of you to come all the way down here to fix the cooler, but isn't that the landlord's job?

With night temps down in the 60's it's about time to turn those things off anyway. Hope your stomach is back to normal today.

D said...

Nice job on your recent 10K - congrats on a speedy PR. I hope you feel better soon!

Michele said...

Hope the rest day did some good and you are feeling better
Take care.

Stumbleguy said...

Hope the sickness has passed quickly and your back running now. It's never nice, meeting your dinner twice.

And great to read of your 10K result. Well done!

Andy

Jim said...

Phil-sorry to hear about the upset tummy. I hope it wasn't the spinach! I hate to be sick, whether a cold, flu, stomach bug . . . but the good thing is this-once you get to feeling better, you really appreciate good health. Most of us tend to take good health and general good fitness for granted. Believe me, I'm guilty!

Get to feeling better and back on your feet soon!

Jim