Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mid-Week 10 Miler

You just have to love an easy 10 miler in the middle of the week. The morning temperatures are still relatively high for October, 81F (27C), so I set out this morning with no particular pace in mind; just as long as I was putting one foot in front of the other, I was happy.

After the first 7 miles, I took a detour to extend the run and ran along the very first course I used when I first started running several years ago. It was strange to think back on the days when I could barely run 2 or 3 miles along this road and here I was this moring, taking a little detour to stretch out a 10 miler.

Great morning. I hope yours went as well.

Training for the week:

Mon – Rest Day
Tue – 8 Miles, w/ 4 miles at LT, 7:34/mi avg pace
Wed - Rest Day (over slept)
Thr - 10.8 Miles, easy, 9:09/mi avg pace

8 comments:

Mike said...

Hey look at Mr. Overachiever. Wait a minute, you overslept yesterday?? Bad Phil!

Seriously warm here today too with the rain last night.

Runningdoctor said...

"The morning temperatures are still relatively high for October, 81F (27C)".

At least you didn't add in the wind chill factor.... Midwestern running is nice right now but a month from now, I'll be wishing I was in Arizona.

D said...

You oversleeper you. Nice 10+ miler Phil.

DawnB said...

Wow Phil I can't believe the temps. are still so high. Nice job today.

carmen said...

I'm glad that your run went well. I'm going around catching up on some blogs and it seems like everyone is having a great day. It makes me feel hopeful for my afternoon run.

Thanks for the advice (once again!) on my entry. I'll be sure to fuel up according to Dr. Phil. hehe

Hilda said...

jjNow I want to run 10. I miss it.
Thanks.

Feminist Runner said...

Sounds like a wonderful run. I can't believe your temps are still so high!

Jenny said...

That's such a lovely thought :-) I hope that it will be me one day running an easy 10 along where I now struggle to do 3!