Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Back on Plan

After drifting away from a strict interpretation of the Pfitz plan last week in order to sneak in a little 10K tempo run on Sunday, I’m back to following every word of the plan this week. I’ll be in town all week, so sticking to the schedule shouldn’t be a problem.

Nothing much to report this morning other than the fact that I’m a real wimp when it comes to cooler weather. The temperature dipped down below 55 for the first time this fall and I broke out my long sleeve running shirt. Two months ago I was complaining about 85 F morning runs and now I’m shivering with temperatures in the mid 50s. It will get interesting when the morning temperatures drop into the high 30s in January.

Training for the week:

Mon – Rest
Tue – 6.21 miles, recovery, 9:12/mi avg pace

4 comments:

tb1 said...

Since I'll never get close to Mike's times, I'll use your times for motivation. Just kidding Phil. I'm having a good time running and it's nice to know there is someone else about my age and ability that is out there giving it his best shot. Good luck with your upcoming races. Is your marathon next or do you have any more warmups?

Anonymous said...

It's funny how those of use who live in the desert and brave running in 100 degree days feel almost frozen the moment the temperature drops below 70. I know exactly how you feel.

Anonymous said...

55 wow!! running weather worth dieing for here in the north east we even like it a little lower for a races!!

Feminist Runner said...

Dawn's right! 55* is a hot run over here. I was stripping layers off this morning when it was in the low 50s and discussing the very phenomenon.
But running in the heat? Blech!