Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No Cheating

I picked up my youngest daughter at a Halloween party last night and didn’t get home until nearly 11PM, so I didn’t get as much sleep as I’d like; but, that’s life. On the plus side, I didn’t wake up sore this morning as I had expected to after my tempo run yesterday. I didn’t exactly leap out of bed, but everything seemed to be working ok.

I was very thankful that I had to run no more than 4 miles this morning. Although Mike has suggested that I cheat and add mileage when I shouldn’t, this morning, I was a good boy and stuck with the plan; just 4 uneventful miles. I didn’t have to leap over any dogs, nor did I bounce off any trucks. I just jogged around a simple 4 mile route, minding my own business.

In case you haven’t already done so, you might want to swing by Thomas’s blog and read his race report from the Dublin Marathon. Thomas PR’d in the event, taking almost 30 minutes off his previous PR and finishing in 3:28:42. He ran a great race.

Hope your week is going well:

Training for this week:

Mon – Rest Day
Tue – 10.3 miles, w/ 5 miles @ 7:41/mi, 8:41/mi avg pace
Wed – 4.1 miles, recovery, 9:18/mi avg pace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the uneventful runs. Doesn't make for exciting blogging but much safer!

carmen said...

I love a good "rest" or "easy" day whenever it pops up on my training plan. It just means I have more time to goof off. :P

Anonymous said...

nice job Phil in taking it easy. But I have to admit and you probaly know this already, I would have been a cheater :)

Jack said...

It's hard to resist the urge to add mileage, but sometimes more is not better, rest can be more important in the long term.

Feminist Runner said...

I am so relieved to hear you didn't cheat! Sometimes, it's hard to resist the urge (I learned this from my students) but you have to.
Thanks for making me feel better this morning with your comments!

Nicole said...

Great job on the run.

Mark said...

REST deserves more respect than most will admit and console to.

Training days are to be work and not "eating a sub sandwich while pedaling the recline bike" in they gym.

Looks like you earned this day after that 20-miler. Nice work and inspirational.