Friday, December 29, 2006

Cool Morning in Moon Valley

After raining most of the night, the weather was very cool and humid this morning. I opted for a long sleeve running shirt and shorts; just a few degrees too cold for short sleeves. My black lab and I set out for a general aerobic 10 miler and headed over to Moon Valley for a loop around the golf course. It's been several years since I've run in this neighborhood. Moon Valley a typical "master planned" area with wide streets and wide "bike" lanes and no traffic lights.

The first 6 miles felt strong, but my pace started to falter soon thereafter. Most likely, I was starting to dehydrate but I didn’t have too much further to run so I just kept pushing forward. I took a detour on the way home to avoid stopping for a traffic light and instantaneously added an additional mile to run. The detour also added an extra hill to this mostly flat course which was just what I needed.

Hope you have a great weekend. Mine will be fairly straight forward: 4 miles on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. This should be fun.

Training for the week:


Mon – Rest Day
Tue – 5.0 miles w/6x100m strides; 9:05/mi avg pace
Wed - 10.6 miles w/4x1200m @7:00/mi pace
Thr – Slacker Day
Fri – 11.0 miles, medium-long; 8:56/mi avg pace

6 comments:

Javamom said...

I am really getting used to this cooler weather, glad you had a nice run in it. I am looking forward to Sunday's report!

Dusty said...

nice run!

DawnB said...

Have a great 20 miler this weekend and Happy New year to you and yours!!

Ewen said...

Enjoy your last 20 miler of the year Phil. Those were pretty solid 1200s!

Glad you're feeling better. I'm impressed you managed to keep the training going with all that travelling.

Susan said...

Thursday looks like a great day for me.

Feminist Runner said...

Have a great running weekend!