Thursday, December 21, 2006

Partial Recovery

It’s no fun being sick … yeh, so what’s new. My noise is still clogged, I’m a bit light headed and my muscles are achy, but overall, I’m not doing too bad; at least I felt well enough to get in the required 4 mile Recovery run with 6x100m strides this afternoon. Nothing much to report (just how much can happen on a 4 miler?). Although I think I finally understand a little of the logic related to requiring strides on a Recovery run. Whereas, the first two miles were pure hell, once I started the strides on mile 3 my legs actually relaxed and I really enjoyed the last two miles, even with the head cold

Training for the week:
Mon- Rest Day
Tue – 8.5 miles w/5x600m @ 6:36/mi pace
Wed – 11.0 miles, general aerobic, 9:32/mi avg pace
Thr - 4.0 miles, recovery w/6x100m strides, 8:47 avg pace


I hope you all have a marvelous week. I’m heading out to California for a couple of days on Friday and probably won’t be doing a whole lot of blogging; however, I did want to leave you with a couple of more pictures



I took this picture last spring in the same area as I was running yesterday. You can see the loose rock on trail to the right. The rocks make running fun while trying to maintain your footing and they're also a joy while trying to make sure that you don't step down on a sharp one mid-foot while wearing running shoes.

Merry Christmas



You all know that I have a large black lab that runs with me on most days. I also have an Italian Greyhound mix that my wife likes to dress up this time of year. This is Jean-Pierre and his ginger-bread friends.

18 comments:

Anne said...

One of my resolutions is to not wiggle out of doing strides, as I'm prone to do at the end of a workout. I will remember what you wrote about their worth as I head into them next week. And Jean-Pierre looks adorable. Have a great holiday, Phil!

carmen said...

Oh how cute! I love the picture of the dog. Every Halloween, I get the urge to dress my black cat up like a pumpkin but Brandon doesn't let me because he says Tyrone needs to keep some dignity. lol

Happy trails in California and be safe out there on the road (if you're driving).

I can't thank you enough for your help and advice with my whole foot problem! You've been super!

D said...

Beautiful photos. Your poor dog. Cute photo though. Merry Christmas.

tb1 said...

Good job Phil! Way to hang when you're not 100%. Merry Christmas.

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Have a fun and safe trip to Cali. I hope you get over your cold while you are over there.

Love2Run said...

At last, the Christmas dog picture! Poor guy looks like he's afraid he's one of the appetizers.

Have a safe trip and soak up the taper but watch the food intake ;-)

Deene said...

get well soon. Merry Christmas!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

merry christmas!

Javamom said...

Awww...cute dog!!! I have to show you a pic of our dog someday because she is lab and maybe greyhound mix.

Hope you feel better soon!

Merry Christmas!

Yvonne said...

feel better soon. have a super time in the sun!

olga said...

Yikes for sick! Get better!

DawnB said...

Hope you're feeling better I love the pictures!! you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Ewen said...

I want to run on that trail!

Enjoy California Phil - say hello to Dani for me.

Feminist Runner said...

Beautiful picture! I love the Santa dog.
Happy holiday! (And I think you're right on the foreign language thing -- something new for me to rant on!)

Feel better!

StumbleGuy said...

Phil,

Happy Christmas, and get well soon. Oh - arn't greyhounds meant to leke running too? :)

Andy

Josh said...

feel well soon and Happy Holidays!

Michele said...

Merry Christmas

stephruns said...

Oh - Jean-Pierre seems like a great charmer!!!
Henry would like him;-)