Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Phoenix Recovery

After driving 960 miles over 3 days, I’m back in Phoenix and I think I’m finally recovering from what ever kind of “cold” I had. I’m still a little congested, but at least my ears no longer sound like a timpani on every step. Fortunately, all I had to run today was a quick 5 mile recovery with 6x100m strides. There’s nothing much to report on the run. The traffic was lighter than usual which isn’t too surprising on the day after Christmas and 5 miles is 5 miles.

The fun begins tomorrow. Pfitz has planned 10 miles w/4x1200 repeats at 5K pace. My game plan is to run the repeats a real 5K pace and not the slow jog from last Friday. With any luck, I can stay below a 7:00/mi pace. Now that should be fun. Of course, the weather weenies are predicting rain, so I'm expecting bright sun-shine and 70F temperatures.

Hope your week is going well.

Training for the week:

Mon – Rest Day
Tue – 5.0 miles w/6x100m strides; 9:05/mi avg pace

2 comments:

D said...

Thank goodness all the driving is done! That 5K while sick was still a good time. Don't be so hard on yourself Phil. Thanks for the nice note about your grandma on my blog. The lucky people know about this awesome bond - I only just found out - and am certainly lucky!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

I wish I had the job that the "weather weenies" have. Can you imagine having a job where you collect a big paycheck for being wrong nearly all of the time and your boss never gets mad...in fact all of you customers expect you to be wrong and don't care? I give you...The Weatherman!!