Tuesday, January 30, 2007

South Bend - Day Two

Nothing to report today. I wasn't feeling all that well last night and didn't get up to run this morning. There's a treadmill in the hotel that I'll tryout on Wednesday morning before I check out. I thought about running after I got out of the office at 7 PM tonight, but the temperature had dropped to 12F (-11C), the snow was still coming down and the wind was blowing so hard the that it was creating white-out conditions in some areas of northern Indiana. It would have been cool to say I ran in these conditions, but if I tried it, I'd have to post first to let someone know where they could find the body in the spring.

With that, I leave you with a few pictures from my morning.

Your's truly heading over to breakfast this morning

My rental car. I dusted it off before breakfast and it had a 1/2 inch of snow on it when I got back.


Yes folks, this is my office in South Bend. It isn't exactly the sexiest building in the USA

11 comments:

stephruns said...

Ok- you are forgiven for not running today!!! Brrrr!!!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

wow

Bapp said...

If you are going out running, make sure you strap on your portable snow plow - and of course chains for your shoes. Stay warm.

J~Mom said...

Wise choice on staying in for running! You better hurry back to Phoenix, it's going to be mid 70s this weekend!

Dusty said...

Looks beautiful. I love how quiet everything gets in the snow. Hopefully we get some today. The choices are snow or ice.

Be careful on runs out there & get well!

Michele said...

I can't blame you for skipping out on a run in the snow. Wise choice.

Hilda said...

Great photos Phil. Sorry I couldn't get back to read your race report earlier but I kept thinking of you this last days as you mentioned this was your first marathon. Congratulations, you just really made it great!

That snow looks awful for someone like me who is so used to warm weather...

DawnB said...

You made a wise decision hope you got a decent run on the treadmill today!!!

Irene said...

That just looks cold!

I've seen your posts on other runner's blogs - I don't remember if I'd said hi here yet, so I'll say "HI" again, just in case.

Ewen said...

Doesn't even look safe to be in a car! All the runners would be queued up for treadmills in South Bend.

Subhasish Bhattacharya said...

Wow! That's a little bit of snow :)

Do you work for Honeywell by any chance? My cousin works there. All the Honeywell buildlings seem similar.