Friday, January 12, 2007

Sticking with the Plan

I’ve been a good boy and held off running yesterday. Instead, I got back on the Pfitz schedule this morning with a quick 5 mile recovery w/ 6x100m. There’s nothing much to report, other than the fact that my dog seemed to have forgotten how to run. Due to the low mileage taper and my trip to Redmond this week, he hasn’t been out since last Sunday; however, you’d have thought that this morning was his first time. He was all over the place. Slowing down and tugging on the leash; running behind me; running around to my right side then back to the left. The dog was nuts. His little doggy brain finally got in tune with the run on mile 2 and he settled down.

Saturday is my third rest day of the week, followed by an easy 12 miler on Sunday. So, I won't be posting all that much. In case I don’t get to you, I’d like to wish all of you that are running in the Phoenix PF Chang’s R&R Marathon this Sunday the best of luck. It should be a fun race and the weather forecast is an excellent 36F (2C) with bright sunny skies.

Training for the week:

Mon: 7.0 miles, recovery w/10x100m strides; 8:15/mi avg pace
Tue: 8.0 miles, easy w/3x1 mile @7:20/mi; 8:23/mi avg pace
Wed: Rest and Travel
Thr: Rest
Fri: 5.1 miles, recovery w/6x100m strides; 9:01/mi avg pace

13 comments:

olga said...

Good for you to take the rest, and the dog thingy was funny - I was picturing our crazy puppy:)

Becky said...

Thanks for your post about the blog thing and the marathon. Good luck to you, too, it looks like you'll be done way ahead of me!

Mike said...

Better him forgetting than you!

Hilda said...

Seems more like dogs also have low days :D

DawnB said...

Sound like you had fun out there this morning. Hope you weren't too hard on him. Thank you for all your input, greatly appreciated and welcome. Enjoy your 12 miler this weekend I'm sure its going to feel like a treat!! 9 days and counting!!!

D said...

I think your dog is stressing about tapering and falling apart . . .

stephruns said...

your doggy deserves a nice marathon!

Ewen said...

Phil, I was impressed by your Seattle run by head-lamp in the snow/rain.

You should feel pretty good in the 19k run tomorrow after a couple of easy days, but keep it easy :)

Feminist Runner said...

Bad dog! How will he ever finish this marathon with that attitude? Glad you're back on track, Phil!

Dusty said...

Great job sticking with the plan! I hope you have a great 12 miler tomorrow!

J~Mom said...

My dog always starts like that!

Thomas said...

Maybe the dog is suffering from taper madness.

Nicole said...

That's so fun that your dog runs with you - my dog is not a runner!