Monday, January 15, 2007

Tagging Up

Anne tagged me for a book report. She very kindly thought it would get my mind off my taper. I appreciate the temporary respite.

Here are the rules:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks

Book: Larousse Concise French-English / English-French Dictionary; Catherine Love (Direction de l'ouvrage - General Editor)

Text:

corner vi [sirène] to blare out; vt [page] to turn down the corner of.
cornet nm -1 [d'aliment] cornet (like you didn't already know that), cone. -2 [de jeu] dice shaker.
corniaud nm -1 [chien] mongrel. -2 fam [imbécil] twit.

Since nearly everyone I know has been hit with this at least once, I'll tag anyone who just wants to join in the fun ... heck I learned something. I didn't know the word for twit before. Now that's a useful word to know.

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

How is the foot, Phil? Numbing all better? Give us a report when you can.

Anne said...

Thanks for playing along, Phil. And thanks for the French lesson.

StumbleGuy said...

Twit. Very British word. Sometimes preceded (over here) with "Upper class ...". Reflects social differences and antipathy between the ever present class system in the UK. Used in Monty Python. Also, handy word for affectionate insults.

:)