Tuesday, February 20, 2007

5K Jog

3.1 miles this morning in the cool damp air. My pace felt much smoother this morning, but I still huffed and puffed my way up the short hill on mile 3. I forgot to put on my HR monitor this morning, so I have no clue how fast my heart was pounding ... but I know I've got a long way to go. Looking through my training calendar from my last training cycle, I think I'll be doing OK if I can get myself up to 30 MPW before the week ending March 4th. That will give me enough time to work my way back to the point where I peaked prior to my last marathon. It should be good.

I'm off to Seattle tomorrow afternoon, so posting may get sporadic. Have a great week.

6 comments:

olga said...

Glad your running is coming along. You'll be fine by the time the training rolls around.

J~Mom said...

I am glad things are getting back to normal! I hope Seattle is a bit warmer this time!

Ewen said...

A couple of weeks and the old heart should settle down. Hope the weather in Seattle is a bit kinder than the last time you were there :)

Rose said...

Glad to hear you're getting back on track, and thanks for stopping by with sound advice. Enjoy the trip.

Nicole said...

Safe journey to Seattle. Good luck with the training

Carmenlita said...

Have a great time in Seattle! Take some pictures for us. :) I'm in Phx for the moment for an illegal dumping workshop by ADEQ. I've totally missed the late winter weather here.