Friday, February 16, 2007

A little further

This morning, I pushed the frontier out to 3.1 miles. My legs felt a lot more fluid and the pace was back near my pre-injury pace; however, my HR hovered around 147 to 150 for most of the run and spike up to 165 climbing a little 100’ hill. I’ve still got a long way to go, but at least the body is out moving again.

This weekend is completely nuts and I probably won’t be able to post again until Monday. Our soccer club’s major tournament is this weekend and the parents on my daughter’s team are hosting a field for the entire weekend. Since I’m the team manager (oh … the power!) I’ll be at the field from 7 AM to 9 PM both Saturday and Sunday. This is a big invitational tournament with 100+ college scouts and teams from every corner of North America and a few from Europe. It should be fun.

Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

J~Mom said...

Glad you got out and moving! I bet it felt great to be out in this weather!!

Sounds like a crazy weekend! Now that my kiddos are playing soccer I can't believe how busy the weekends can be!

Adama Anderson said...

Soccer...i love watching it, but i can't play it. Awesome job getting back to running, that's really great. I read your previous post and this post, and major improvement!

DawnB said...

nice job enjoy the weekend!!

Ewen said...

Keep the body moving and the fitness will return Phil. Sounds like a busy weekend!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

wow, what a huge tournament! have fun!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

oops, wrong url for my blog up there :)

Dusty said...

So glad you are able to get back out there. I have noticed that my blood pressure raises faster when I get back from a break of working out, but quickly settles back. I wouldn't worry about it for a few weeks (unless it is unreasonbly high) it should be back in check soon.

Sounds like a busy week! Good luck with all the field hockey. Ahh - the great and powerful Phil - the team manager! :)

Dusty said...

What am I smoking?? Field Hockey?? Soccer. Woah, I even played soccer. Must have zoned out there!

Darrell said...

Glad you are back at it. Your weekend sounds more exhausting than a long run. Hope it went well.