Sunday, March 18, 2007

Re-hydration

After my sluggish performance yesterday, I paid more attention to my hydration needs and ran a pretty good 13 miler this morning as a result. I ran the same “hill” course as I did last Sunday and finished 4+ minutes faster; however, I was definitely dragging over the last 3 miles.

All in all, it was a pretty good week. I got in 4 runs while traveling from Phoenix to South Bend to Phoenix to Toronto to Phoenix and finished the week with 37.8 miles. Next week should be about the same. I need to be in Redmond Washington on Tuesday afternoon and San Bernardino, California on Friday afternoon. After that, I hope to stay home for a week or two.

If you get a chance, go check out Michele’s Blog and David’s Blog. They ran together in the Tom King Half Marathon in Nashville yesterday and finished well under two hours

Have a great week.

TRAINING FOR THE WEEK:

MON: Travel Day
TUE: 8.5 miles; Aerobic w/10x100m strides; 9:08 avg pace
WED: Travel Day
THR: 5.0 Miles; Aerobic; 9:14 avg pace
FRI: Travel Day
SAT: 11.2 miles; medium long; 9:48 avg pace
SUN: 13.1 miles; medium long; 9:17 avg pace

Total Mileage for the week: 37.8 miles

15 comments:

Love2Run said...

Back to 85 deg weather, eh? Nice to see you back to normal, ramping up the mileage again. Remind me, when is the next marathon?

Darrell said...

Dang, that's some great mileage on 4 days of running with all that traveling in between. I salute your efforts.

It has been summer like out here as well.

Michele said...

It amazes me that you are able to travel as much as you do and still get in that kind of mileage. Superman?!?!?

Thanks for the shout out on my race yesterday.

Neese said...

Are you in training for your next marathon yet or freestyling it for awhile? Good mileage you're putting in and in between all the travel etc too, good job!

StumbleGuy said...

Nice mileage for the week, especially with the travel. Hope your daughter is feeling better now.

Andy

DawnB said...

Nice job Phil you did good this week. Send some of that heat weave our way will ya :)

Ewen said...

Bet you're looking forward to the 'week or two' Phil. Pretty good week there, considering the travel days.

It's finally cooling down here. Temps in the mid-20s - perfect for distance running :)

J~Mom said...

Glad you felt better today!

Thanks for your kind words on the half, it was such a fun day. Looking forward to training for those summer 5ks now!

Deene said...

be careful out there and no more chasing parked cars!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Very impressive how you can get so much training mileage in with all of the traveling you do.

Great job!

D said...

. . . and I thought I was the only person who took photos from an airplane. Loved the photos! You travel a lot! Nice job on your recent runs!

Pat said...

Gosh. I guess I haven't read your blog in a week or so. Glad to see the pictures. Glad the car wasn't a second faster.

Keep shotin' pictures, they're great.

Pat

Journey to a Centum said...

What brings you to our neck of the woods in Redmond WA?

Did you happen to look at the course profile for Crown King? Lots of up, not much down. Oh, and you might freeze your arse off or fry in the sun. Yeee haaa! Sounds like my kind of fun! Thanks for the tip.

Cheers!

Feminist Runner said...

It's getting that time of year to worry about hydration again. I never stopped to think about how much prep would be required to run where you live. The one time I went to Vegas I was dehydrated from sitting.
Take care!

Dusty said...

Impressive to keep up with your running so well while traveling.