Tuesday, April 24, 2007

California - Day One

 I made it to California on Monday and started my 5 day marathon of meetings with my primary customer. Although my meetings are about as intense as I expected, I'm having a great time. My brother-in-law invited me to stay at his house in Manhatten Beach. Crashing on his couch is so much better than staying in a hotel and you can't beat the location. The picture to left was taken from his balcony. The house isn't on the beach; but about as close as you can get without have sand blowing into your front door.

I ran a nice 6 miler this morning on the concrete walkway along the beach. I'm just not use to running anywhere where there are so many runners. On the plus side, I didn't get passed (go me) and passed several people. I caught up to a youngish women on mile 5 while I was running my strides. She thought I was trying to race and picked up her pace after I passed her. Consequently, I just had to keep up my pace and finished out the run with a nice 8:05 mile.

Hope your week is going well

TRAINING FOR THE WEEK:

MON: Rest / Travel
TUE: 6.1 Miles w/7x100 strides; 8:42/mi avg pace

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

StumbleGuy said...

Nice view out to sea! I bet it sounds good at night too, if you can hear it from the couch.

Watch those knees on the concrete!

Andy

Deene said...

you've got it made - a run on the beach with a pacer to boot!

Dusty said...

HAHA - you sound like me. Not trying to race, but then finding yourself doing it anyway.

Looks beautiful! Enjoy the runs!!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Manhatten Beach! Very pawsh! Your brother-in-law is living the good life.

J~Mom said...

Oh man, I am so jealous of that view! I vote for a RBF meet-up there!

Bruce said...

Nothing like another runner in your sights to bring out the competior in you.

Gotta Run said...

Phil -

Running solo on trails is way better than crowds often times. Love the pictures! I've kept up with your progress over the past year since my last post. Great job!!!

Robin

angie's pink fuzzy said...

ohhhh, the ocean!!!!

Hilda said...

Nice you are traveling and running, we always need new routes and sceneries.