Saturday, April 21, 2007

Million Mile Baby

Although I don't fly around the planet near as much as I once did, I hit a significant mileage milestone with American Airlines this month. My total mileage with American has now exceeded 1 million miles (1,006,416 to be exact). However, I won't be seeing 2 million anytime soon. With new travel rules forcing me to spread out my flights amongst the lowest cost providers, I no long fly any significant mileage on any one airlines.

AA Mileage Summary
Summary Date: Apr 2007
Program to Date Miles: 1,006,416
YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 2,712
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,184
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments: 4
Miles Towards Elite Upgrades: 1,972
Upgrade account Balance: 73
Total Available Award Mileage + 210,719

I also got in a 7 miler this morning. A significant storm rolled through the valley last night and dropped the temperatures to the low 50s. Of course the humidity went through the over head, so it seemed to be a lot colder than it actually was. I didn't mention it on my post from Thursday, but the relative humidity on Thursday was 5%. This translates to a Dew Point of -5F. Now that's about as dry as it gets around here; so running at 52F in 95% humidity actually felt cold for the first mile.

Nothing much to report on the run. My Black Lab struggled a little over the last mile and has been walking around gingerly for the past hour. He may have picked up something in a paw pad ... but I suspect he'll be ok. He certainly didn't over heat.

Thanks for the well-wishes concerning my up coming move. I intend to stay in Phoenix and find a smaller place generally on the north end of town. I haven't a clue where and some of that will depend on what I can get for my current house. We just spent a boat-load of cash upgrading the kitchen and fixing all those little things I’ve put off for the past 5 years. We'll see how it goes.


TRAINING FOR THE WEEK:


Training for the week:
MON: 10.3 miles, aerobic w/5 miles@7:51/mi - HR 151
TUE: 4.6 miles, aerobic; 8:55/mi
WED: Rest Day
THR: 11.3 miles, aerobic; 9:00/mi
FRI: Rest Day
SAT: 7.3 miles, aerobic w/10x100m strides; 8:57/mi

12 comments:

aggie jogger '77 said...

Hi Phil, sounds like you've had another good week of pounding the pavement. For me it hasn't been an active week. I travelled this week and after the 10k on Sunday just couldn't find the energy to do much more than walk until the 5k that my wife and I ran together this morning. It was a wonderful experience.
I did post a brief log of the 10k finally. While on the road I was so busy that I neglected the blog as well....shame on me. I'm glad to be home. Randy

aggie jogger '77 said...

Ooops, forgot to say, Good Luck on the sale of the home. Hope the market is better there than here. Builders around in the area have flooded the market with new homes and puts a damper on any of us that want to sell right now.

Ewen said...

That's a lot of flying Phil. I wonder how far you would have travelled if you could have spent that time running?

Good luck with finding a place that suits your needs (close to nice running trails and a 400m track ;)

Runningdoctor said...

A late comment here but that's quite a view from your house. I think I know what you mean about bitter sweet.

Feminist Runner said...

When will your running catch up with your flying?

olga said...

Aren't you supposed to fly on 25,000 miles and how come you haven't used them - will they expire soon?
Sorry, I use every mile for tickets to races:)
Nice training week, one of those very smart and well spaced out runs.

Journey to a Centum said...

You must be able to fly free any time you want to. Let's see some more exotic race destinations on your agenda!

StumbleGuy said...

With that mileage, you're nearly back from your second trip to the moon!

Andy

miss petite america said...

a million miles?! holy crap. you probably know how to fly the plane by now.

good luck with the sale of your house. i can't imagine it's worse than the california market.

DawnB said...

That's alot of miles Phill!!!nice week you had!!!

J~Mom said...

Holy cow, that is a ton of miles!

Great job on your run! Good luck with all the house stuff! Hope your dog is ok.

Thanks for your hr comments. I sure appreciate the advice!

Deene said...

that's a whole bunch og flying miles. in case you don't need all of those i just read that you can donate so people can get their bone marrow transplants at http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Donate_Freq_Flyer_Miles/index.html