Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Awakening

Fortunately, all I had this morning was a 6 mile recovery run. Of course, the 6 miler was designed to recover from a 20 miler on Sunday – which didn’t happen; but I ran it as a recovery none-the-less. My legs felt tired over the first 3 miles, but things picked up on the back half of the run and by the time my Garmin beeped at 6 miles, I was finally running smoothly.

My Black Lab woke me up twice last night to go outside and do whatever he needed to do. Why he didn’t think about this before he went bed I’ll never know. He simply paces back and forth when he wants attention; tapping his nails on the hard-wood floors as he walks to and fro. It isn’t real loud, but irritating enough to walk me up. Consequently, I didn’t get as much sleep as I would have liked.

On the foot front: In my last post, I didn’t discuss which foot was hurting late into the run on Sunday. The pain is not associated with the numbness I often get in my right foot (which I haven't had in two weeks). This new pain feels much more like a classic bursitis under the smaller toes on my left foot. It didn’t bother me at all while I was in California, but my gait changed once I got back to Arizona and I think I was pounding the pavement a little too hard.

Hope your week is going well.

TRAINING FOR THE WEEK

MON: Rest Day
TUE: 6.3 Miles, Recovery; 9:13/mi avg pace

10 comments:

angie's pink fuzzy said...

I like it - recovering from a 20miler that didn't happen :)

hope the foot gets better

DawnB said...

Phil I haven't been on anything but pavement in ages!!!I remember when I was away from the track for a while and finally came back!! It felt like heaven to run on something other than pavement!!! people thought I was nuts when I just couldn't shut up about how great it felt to be on the track!!

aggie jogger '77 said...

Phil you are just so regimented. I hope the left foot pain doesn't develop into something serious.

Today was day 2 after the HM and it poured down rain this morning so I did not get my 5 miles in. So I took my running stuff to work thinking I might run at lunch, but not to be, it was still raining. So, since I will be doing 5 miles tomorrow unless it rains heavily again, and maybe I will just run anyway.
I have a few race photos posted.

Lana said...

Hope the foot doesn't continue to bother you...I know it won't stop you, but I sure bet it's annoying and painful.

Sub said...

Hopefully, the foot gets better. It's almost time to taper so it should get rest soon...

Gotta Run said...

New pains are just that... A PAIN in the butt. Hope that it magically goes away never to return.

As for the lab, might I suggest a stern talk just before bed. I am sure he would see it your way if he knew how important your sleep was. It woorked for me with our Schnauzer. :)

Deene said...

silly pets,one of our cats has this annoying half-meow when he needs to go out, while the other one sits next to my pillow and sweeps her tail across my face.
hope the foot feels better.

Runningdoctor said...

I hope the pain gets better, Phil. It sure sounds like an overuse RICE kind of injury that will just go away on its own.

Sempre Libera said...

Re: the recovery run, I'm with Angie :-)

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

I'm not a pet person so I can't help you on that front...besides, I don't think any animal would servive my three boys very long.

I hope the foot pain is a passing thing, but you might want to consider doing more running on something other than cement for a while and see if that helps.