Saturday, May 12, 2007

Feeling Good

I’m finally starting to feel like I’m getting back in shape after my calf injury this past February. I ran an easy aerobic 8 miler this morning at an average pace of 8:48/mi. I felt pretty good after the first two miles and kept pushing on the pace.

Mile spilts: 9:15, 9:18, 9:04, 9:06, 8:56, 8:30, 8:09, 8:14

I wish all the mothers out there in the blogsphere a very special mother’s day on Sunday.

Training for the week:

MON: Rest day
TUE: 8.3 miles, Aerobic; 8:52/mi avg pace
WED: 8.7 miles, Aerobic w/5x600m @ 6:51/mi
THR: 5.2 miles, Recovery; 9:25/mi avg pace
FRI: Rest Day
SAT: 8.1 miles, Aerobic w/10x100m strides; 8:48/mi avg pace

4 comments:

Darrell said...

That's a sweet little progession you had going on there.

Glad to hear that you're feeling your old self again.

Ewen said...

That's what I like to see Phil. Still time to build the fitness some more before San Diego. Have a good week!

Feminist Runner said...

Congratulations to your daughter and the rest of your family! You don't graduate from college everyday.

Glad your runs are feeling good again. It's amazing how that running psychology works.

Dusty said...

Great job - I've already thought you were in shape -- but there is always something great when you have that feeling about yourself.

Nice week & mile splits!