Saturday, June 02, 2007

Central Park

I finally made it out to California for the San Diego R&R Marathon. My bib number is 4504 for anyone interested in following from home. Times will posted for 10k, half marathon, 21 miles and finish as the race progresses.

While I was still in Manhattan this week I got in two good runs in Central Park; both starting at Columbus Circle. The first was a single counter-clockwise loop in 52:03 (8:32/mi). The 2nd run was a counter-clockwise loop followed by a clockwise loop in 1:53:08 (9:13/mi). What a great place to run. After putting in hundreds and hundreds of miles by myself, it was great to run with other people for a change.

Sorry I haven't kept up with your blogs during this vacation. My internet connections have been spotty at best. I'll post after the marathon Sunday and I'll start catching up with what's going on with everyone. Thanks for all your comments this week. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment while I've been silent. Best of luck to all those running tomorrow.

18 comments:

J~Mom said...

Good luck tomorrow! I will check in on ya! I know you are going to be super fast and speedy! :>)

Did you see any characters running around Central Park? Were they all just normal runners?

Mike said...

Go get 'em Phil, I'll be cheering for you tomorrow from Tucson. Finish strong!

Ewen said...

Central Park looks beautiful. It's one of the places I must run.

Not sure of downunder time for the race. I expect it's late Sunday night. I'll check the website later on.

Good luck again!

StumbleGuy said...

Just watched your finish time come up. Congrats on the new PR! Hope it all went well for you.

Andy

logik said...

Congrats Phil! I just checked your stats and see that you finished! So awesome that you ran a sub-4 hour race. I'm very impressed!

carmen said...

that was me signed in as logik--brandon's gmail account sign-in. oops, sorry.

carmen

Darrell said...

Central Park is a beautiful place for a run. Hope RNR San Diego treated you well.

DawnB said...

congratulations Phil, another sub 4:00 and a PR!!! great job!!!

Rose said...

Congrats on the great race! Looking forward to your race report.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

yay for your marathon, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

ReneeMc said...

Nice job on the PR, Phil!

Sub said...

Just looked up your results. Awesome job knocking down a PR! Waiting to read about it.

Nicole said...

Yay for Central Park!
Hope the race went well today.

J~Mom said...

You totally rocked it!!!!!! Way to go! Can't wait for the race report!

Ewen said...

Well done on the 3:53:43 Phil! That's a solid PB. 5:32/km pace :) Looking forward to the race report.

Gotta Run said...

THAT IS A PR FOR YOU!!!! AWESOME RACE!!

Looking forward to the details.

tb1 said...

Great time Phil. You must feel a great sense of accomplishment. Congratulations.

stephruns said...

Oh man, there was a change we could have bumped into eachother!!!!! Hehe!!!!!!!!