Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hill Repeats

Another glorious 108F (42C) afternoon and another 3 mile trail run around Lookout Mountain. Although my back is still stiff, I felt a lot better than yesterday and took a couple of minutes off my total time around the hill. Still used the same strategy … run the flats and up hills; picks my way through the rocks walking down hill. Seems to have worked. Perhaps next week, I can get back to running something closer to “normal” speed.




LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN HILL PROFILE
Not exactly Everest

7 comments:

ReneeMc said...

To someone who lives at sea level with no elevation, that looks like Everest. Especially when you add in the 108* part.

stephruns said...

good enough of a climb for me at 100+ degrees!!

is that chart coming from a gps watch?

miss petite america said...

holy crap one oh freakin' eight?! i would have gotten as far as my mailbox then packed it in.

it gets hot here, but not THAT hot. are you a camel or something?

Gotta Run said...

Now that is some heat!!! Way to hit the trails again.

Laurie said...

I'm glad you're back out there again, stiff and all.

I'd use 108 degrees and a sore back as an excuse to stay inside!

DawnB said...

temps wasn't too far off here in CT as wed!!! sorry to hear about your back

Addy said...

wow...you're awesome! Can't imagine doing hills in that kind of heat. I think I was doing a hilly run in 80 and complaining :P