Sunday, June 10, 2007

Recovery Week

Post marathon recovery week #1 is over and per the Pfitz plan, I only ran 13.2 miles in 3 runs. Next week I'll get up to 21 miles with 4 runs of 5, 5, 4 and 7 miles. However, the gods of travel have decided that one week is eneough time to stay in town, so I'll be heading out to Toulouse, France on Monday morning. I'll be in Toulouse through Thursday and fly back to the US on Friday morning. I got a great deal on airfare (as great as it can get with last minute tickets to Europe) flying through Atlanta, so I decided to spend next weekend with my dad in Macon, Georgia.

I couldn't get into my usual hotel, so I don't know what sort of internet coverage I'll have in Toulouse. If I can't get a good connection through the hotel, I won't be able to keep up with your blogs while I'm gone. If not, I wish you all a great week and I'll do my best to catch up when I get back to Phoenix.

TRAINING FOR THE WEEK:

MON: Rest Day
TUE: Rest Day
WED: 4.0 miles, recovery; 10:03/mi avg pace
THR: Rest Day
FRI: 4.0 miles, recovery; 9:54/mi avg pace
SAT: Rest Day
SUN: 5.2 miles, recovery; 9:25/mi avg pace

Total training for the week: 13.2 Miles.

18 comments:

StumbleGuy said...

Phil, Have a great trip to France. Don't forget that power socket adaptor!

Good to see the recovery is going well.

Andy

DawnB said...

nice week recovery Phil, have a trip and I hope its not all business!!!would love to hear about running in France!!!Enjoy

Ewen said...

That's a good recovery plan Phil. Take it easy. A good time to travel!

Jamie said...

I hear there's a place in France where the naked ladies dance. (sorry, couldn't resist).

A sound recovery plan. Rest up!

Adama Anderson said...

Have fun in Georgia and France. Enjoy your time with your dad. I'm from Georgia and going back at the end of the month.

Laufenweg said...

bon voyage! enjoy toulouse. my miz nina is from toulouse. ouais, c'est vrai! :-)

i adore france. enjoy your time.

and macon! ha... ever been thru forsyth, GA?

Dusty said...

Have a great week - sounds like a fun trip. Let me know if you need anyone to carry your bags :)

Michele said...

Have a great trip.

Sempre Libera said...

Are you in Toulouse for work? We had a prospective client once who wanted one of the partners to go to a meeting in Hawaii... I had definite plans to stow away in his suitcase :-)

Deene said...

enjoy your recovery week in France and have a wonderful father's day with your dad!

Gotta Run said...

I thought my husband traveled alot. You take the cake!! Your shoes could tell some neat stories on all the places you take them for runs.

ReneeMc said...

Have a great trip! Recover well!

miss petite america said...

wow! france!

take lots of pics for us!

J~Mom said...

Nice recovery!!

Enjoy your week in France (your job sounds ALMOST as cushy as Chad's ;>)).

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Freaking France now! Dude, you need to get a desk job or something.

Pure Virtual Function said...

Toulouse! Very cool! Wait a minute... that is Airbus land isn't it? =)

jen said...

Great job on the recovery runs. Have a safe and fun trip!

Addy said...

Ooh how fun! Hope you're enjoying the time in France and that your recovery training went well :)