Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Around and Around

I'm back in Redmond, Washington (USA) for a few days. I was up at 4:15 AM this morning so I could stand in line at security in Phoenix for 45 minutes and still have time to make a 7:15 AM flight to Seattle (I'm soooooooooooo glad middle America feels safe with all this fake security). After a full day of meetings, I only had time for a 30 minute run before getting dressed and out to a business dinner at 7:00 PM.

30 minutes .. not much time. And the cars. Cars flipping everywhere ... so I just ran around and around the block for 30 minutes, turning left at every major street. Got back to my room with only 15 minutes to get ready and jumped in a cold shower to cool off for 10 minutes, got dressed in appropriate work attire and headed back out into traffic for a business dinner (travel is so glamorous)

I'm getting way behind on your blogs. I promise to get caught up next week. Have a great week.

6 comments:

Addy said...

ah, the joys of flying

pretty impressive that with such a busy day you still made time for a, albeit short, run. Hope the rest of your time in Washington goes well :)

Ewen said...

Mate, we just rock up 30 minutes before the flight. Only difference these days is every 10th person has to take off their shoes.

Don't worry about the blogs Phil - just get in what running you can - that's the main thing.

Mom tried decaf once said...

That is hilarious about the security! LOL Glad you got a run in!

Dusty said...

I so wish girls could get ready that fast. I'm jealous!!! Good job for continuing to get in all the runs as you travel!

Gotta Run said...

I thought I was the only one that used the word "flipping!!" LOL!!

Any run is better than no run at all. Cold shower is crazy but I have also dine that to speed the cooldown process.

Happy travels.

olga said...

I have to applaud you so much - I am not sure I'd do a 30min run around the block if I was so pressed and such. I actually planned it just a couple of days ago, and didn't go.
I am, however, going right now to the Gorge:)
30 min hurt me so much, I never want to live them. Anything over an hour.
I really envy your dedication:) Awesome!