Monday, September 17, 2007

Vacation through Pictures

Instead of screwing up my shin some more like I did last week and try another 4 mile run, I opted for a 1.7 mile walk during lunch today. Temperatures were below 100F and there was even a slight breeze in the air. I stopped along the way a couple to times to make sure the "rusty hinge" feeling had not returned. After 40 minutes of walking, the right shin was sore, but I wasn't in any pain ... that's progress.

Since I cancelled my Grand Canyon run/hike/crawl scheduled for later this week, I put together a travel-log of pictures from my last 3 trips across. I haven't annotated any of the pictures, but they are divided into: North Rim, North Kaibab Trail, River, Bright Angel Trail (South Rim) and the South Kaibab Trail (South Rim). I probably mixed up a few of the pictures and I know that the picture of the California condor isn't, strictly speaking, on the Bright Angel trail, but I was within a couple of miles of it.

Enjoy the pictures

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope you heal up quickly, Phil. Great photos.. that one of the big green feather looking thingy looks downright alien! What in the heck is that? I've never seen anything like it.

Ewen said...

Thanks for the photos Phil - they bring back great memories. We were supposed to stay at the north rim but couldn't get in because of the fires.

It was raining like that when we first arrived, but thankfully cleared up. Would love to go back and hike some of those trails :)

jen said...

Absolutely breathtaking! I have never been but these pictures make me want to go even more. Thanks for sharing!

Take it easy and heal up. It's frusterating now, but a couple weeks is nothing in the big picture. Enjoy your walks and the cooler (ha!) weather. :)

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Very cool pictures. I remember some of them from your post last year.

Heal up soon. I want to see you out at the races.

J~mom said...

Great photos. The Grand Canyon is such an amazing place to go. I hope your shin is better soon!

DawnB said...

thanks for sharing Phil nice pictures. I hope your shin are feeling better soon.

coty said...

Awesome pictures! I can't wait until one day I can experience this rim to rim.

Love2Run said...

Great shots! This is now on my to-do list and soon. Hope the weather cools and your shin improves in short order. Take care.

Phil Sabin said...

Wow, great pictures. Hope you get your running legs back soon.

Phil