Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Freeze Warning

I'm posting the following message from the National Weather Service not to illicit any sympathy from my friends in cooler climes, but instead to burst any miss impression that those of us running on the deserts of the South West US are basking in a balmy nirvana all winter. It can get cold here.

The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a freeze
warning... which is in effect from 3 am to 9 am MST Friday. In
addition... a freeze warning remains in effect from 3 am to 9 am MST
late tonight and early Thursday.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

I can only imagine that after a long hot summer, this time of year feels great. Enjoy the cold!

~concrete angel~ said...

Cold...YAY!!!

Mike said...

When I walked into the courtyard at work yesterday there were icicles hanging off the fountain. Winter at last!

J~mom said...

Guess I need to put my flip flops up for a month or two. LOL

Thanks for your encouraging words yesterday. You are so right...plenty of time to hit the time goals. Only thing I can do now is enjoy this race.

I guess the weigh ins start back up next week?

Ted said...

Is this a joke you've made up? Freeze warning in Phoenix? What a joke! If that's the case, enjoy the cold weather. Hope you had a terrific Christmas and wanted to wish you a Happy New Year.

DawnB said...

All I can say is enjoy!! and be sure to dress appropiately :)

Ewen said...

Thanks Phil, but I'll stick with the balmy warmth of summer in Canberra - about 29C today. Out west in Perth they had 42.5C on Christmas day!

All the best for what remains of the year mate. Catch you on the other side.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

After seeing '101' a few times under 'Local Weather' on the right, it's refreshing to hear you've halved that in the last couple of months. About time...

Love2Run said...

But your weatherbar at Sunday noon shows 55F which is about the most perfect weather I can imagine. It's tough but somebody has to do it, right?

Dusty said...

Time to head down under to thaw out!