Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Boorish Behavior

Per my plan, I ran 11.3 miles this evening. Too many early morning meetings has precluded my usual routine of getting up before the sun and pounding out a few miles. Instead, I've been running in the late afternoon or at night.

With nearly 2 hours of road time, I had plenty of opportunity to come into contact with some of the brightest residence of my fair city. Tonight, I had 3 sets of morons scream at me as they whizzed by in their cars / trucks / SUVs. The vehicles are all the same; these idiots are all the same. I can't understand a thing they say, but I'm sure they found it very witty. Two years ago, I had one of these Einsteins throw a 40 oz fountain drink my head as they sped by (they missed). I think I'll switch back to mornings.

Take care.

10 comments:

angie's pink fuzzy said...

geez louise!

J~Mom said...

I think it's time that you write down some license numbers and turn them in. That is just not right. :<( Or move to Chandler. ;>P

Deene said...

that's terrible! i'm glad majority of the folks here are runners so there is mutual respect.

Ewen said...

Get back to your desert runs Phil. The rattlesnakes are smarter and friendlier.

I think you're right about why that video was blocked. I remember on yahoo music there was something about 'not available outside the US'.

Hope your week's going well.

Josh said...

I hope that their driving skills are sharper than their aim. Good Lord what is the matter with people.

Gotta Run said...

Sad but true that there are lots of idiots out there.

I vote for mornings if you can help it!!

Dusty said...

I remember you writting about that putz that tossed the drink at you. At least he stopped drinking sugar.. but I bet he never gets off his butt to burn a few calories. No reason to yell at those that are healthy and smart!

anasalwa said...

I think they hate runners or probably they envy our legs?:))

DawnB said...

thats one of the reasons i stick to mornings but I notice i have more energy in the evenings. Not the morning person I use to be

Anne said...

What is wrong with people?! You know, in all the years I've been running here in San Diego, I don't recall any rude behavior like you encounter.

It's green here too (beautiful photo!) and I, for one, am out enjoying it as much as I can. Sounds like you are too. Glad to see the ol' Phil is reemerging.