Monday, February 25, 2008

De plan boss, de plan

I finished out last week very strong with a 7 mile run, topping off a very nice 27 mile week; the highest volume of the year. Nothing close to my usual 45 to 50 mpw, but a heck of lot better than zero. Now that the weather is turning super nice and the hills in Phoenix are turning green in anticipation of spring (check out the shot of Lookout Mtn I took from my office balcony this afternoon) and my mileage is actually starting to look respectable, I had to do something this morning that I haven't done all year. I actually wrote out a plan for the week.

I'm not ready to commit to any races, just staying focused on getting healthy and building up my stamina again. But I've got to tell you, I was darned pleased that I got in 4 runs last week (7.2, 10.1, 3.1 and 6.9) without blowing up my left knee.

Hope your week is going well.

Take care

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Spectacular view Phil - I bet the balcony is a popular spot for morning and afternoon smoko.

Nice to see your running is going well. Actually, last week looks like the template of a good plan. A consistent 4 or 5 runs a week is enough to get some fitness happening.

J~Mom said...

Congrats, Phil!! You have been so patient and it's great to see that it is paying off! Very smart to wait on putting together that race calender!

Carmen said...

Glad to see you churning out those miles again! I admire your patience as well.

Nice view! In comparison, I get to stare out at the Central Light Rail construction everyday! Fun.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

nice view!

and way to go on the miles, how exciting!

Deene said...

AAAH!! there is green. we just got another layer of the white stuff last night!