Monday, February 18, 2008

A Real Run

My last day in Carlsbad and my best run of the year. 7.2 miles at an avg pace of 9:05/mi. This is the fastest run greater than 5 miles all year and I kept up a pretty steady pace throughout:

9:00, 9:03, 9:02, 9:07, 9:08, 9:20, 8:53

Lost focus on mile 6 and then pushed way too hard on the hills leading back up to my sister-in-law's apartment on mile 7. All in all, a good run. My left knee started aching on mile 5, but the pain never got acute. As always, the discomfort goes away as soon as I stop running.

Tuesday I need to drive 85 miles north to Torrance for a set of meetings and then drive 400 miles east to Phoenix late on Tuesday night. I hope to stay home for a few days before going anywhere else.

Take care

5 comments:

Love2Run said...

Are you doing any strengthening exercises for your knee joint area? It's my 1st line of defense besides keeping the shoes fairly new.

J~Mom said...

Sounds good Phil!! Your ice and resting are paying off!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Nicely done! Sure beats the heck out of running in the snow and ice, huh?

jen said...

Nice work Phil! Great pics of the beach run in your last post too. Have a safe trip home!

DawnB said...

Nice, way to go Phil, I know that feeling well. All the traveling you would drive me nuts.