Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lake Pleasant

My wife and I spent the weekend out on Lake Pleasant north of Phoenix. Friends invited us to stay on their house boat and help with a party they were hosting for their church. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing way to hard to take the boat out of it's slip, but they have great views from their boat and a weekend on the water this time of year is hard to beat. I also had time to get a short run on Sunday morning in the desert near the lake. The run wasn't anything spectacular, but it was pain free. What ever I did to my calf now seems to be behind me.

I'm off to Mexico tomorrow, for a couple of days. Before you get the idea that I'm heading off to some exotic beach resort, let it be known that I'm going to the border town of Mexicali in the state of Baja California. It will be all business. The irony, of course, is that although I live 200 miles from the Mexican border, I barely speak a word of Spanish. Should be fun.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from this weekend



View of the lake from the top deck of the house boat




House boats all in a row



Looking north towards the Bradshaw Mountains.


The wind was really blowing hard




Yes, we have sail boats in Phoenix





Some don't like to leave their boats outside

6 comments:

Ewen said...

I'm glad the calf seems OK Phil. Be careful with it for a few weeks.

Lake Pleasant looks a bit like Lake Powell - amazing that it was too windy to take the boat out - it looks like a huge boat!

Disfrute usted, y trata de ejecutar en Mexicali!

Lana said...

Wow - that boat is awesome!!

Be careful in Mexico! If it makes you feel any better...I took 2 years of Spanish in HS, then 2 semesters in college and still can't speak more than "Como se llama" and "Muoy Bien". LOL

J~Mom said...

It was a beautiful weekend to be outdoors! Glad you got to enjoy! Have a great week in Mexico.

Ted said...

Hope you don't get Montezuma Revenge when you get back from Me-hee-co.
Boy, Arizona has a lot to offer: snow, desert, lake, Grand Canyon... what else?
GREAT PIXS!!!

Dusty said...

Thanks for the pictures!!! I have waterskiied every inch of that lake from when I was 7 until 23 when I moved away. My ski trips are much less frequent now and the lake has expanded... so beautiful to see!

Josh said...

Running pain free. Now that is pleasant.