Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Checking In

Just checking in. I spent the last couple of days in Redmond, Washington ... got in a good run this morning through a virtual field on new MicroSoft buildings along 520; wet and very cold. Why didn't I bring my gloves? I didn't take a single picture while I was in Redmond. Not much to photograph when you're out running before the sky gets light.

I changed my travel plans last week and skipped Carlsbad on this go around. Instead, I headed back to Phoenix Friday night to spend the weekend. Took the picture below from the balcony off my office. Pretty soon all will be brown again. Got in an early morning run of Sunday through the desert before the heat settled in. Spring has sprung. Phoenix hit 98F (37C) this afternoon.


I got through security so quick in LA that I had plenty of time to work while sitting in one of the bars at LAX. After 10 or 15 minutes, I realized that the same USAIR employee was just standing along the railing staring at the TV monitor somewhere off in the distance. What is about that medium that can transfix people so?


I have a flight back to Phoenix at 5:20AM on Wednesday ... meetings near the Airport in the morning and then back up to the north side of town in the afternoon. I need to get up to Toronto sometime this month ... just don't know when ... and got asked to go back to Toulouse, France in June and Yeovil, England in May ... deep cleansing breaths ... there's no place like home, there's no place like home, ...
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Phil
I've missed you. You've always given me the best running advice so I'm glad you left a comment because I lost all my links and I'm trying to rebuild them. anyway, sound like you've been busy as always. Be safe with all the travels, and thanks for the links. I'll check in soon later.
nicole

angie's pink fuzzy said...

wow, that's a lot of travel!

J~Mom said...

I agree with Nicole, Phil. Even with all of the shenanigans on my blog I am still running and miss your feedback.

If you need me to go on one of those trips for you just let me know. I will go on the France trip and you can stay home. :>D

triguyjt said...

is that employee hypnotized???/

looks like it.

Josh said...

Thought you might enjoy this.

Good luck with your travels!

Also, I'm heading to San Francisco next week. Any thoughts on running routes?

Gotta Run said...

Just make sure you are in town the same week Scott adn I are coming to Sedona. We really want to have dinner with your and your wife. Mark your calendar!!

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

98F?!?!? It seems like only yesterday the tempeature was 100F. Maybe it was...

At least Toulouse in June should be nice. It may not be home, but France that time of year is pretty...

Ted said...

98 ??? *THUD* Man, I cannot even run in that kind of temperature. Are those huge mansions in the backyard from your office? Beautiful view! One last note, you sure do travel. However, I do enjoy the pictures you have taken while you are on the road. I am quite envious of you.

Ewen said...

37C is getting up there Phil. We've been blessed with 15 to 20C running days lately.

With that amount of travel you'll be able to bring the family to Australia on frequent flier points :)

Addy said...

you're constantly on the go :) It's amazing that you got through security at LAX quickly. My memories of security there are not nearly as positive!

Dusty said...

Heck Phil, I'll take those trips for you! :)

We hit the 90's today as well, I'm trying to acclmate, but the temps are rising faster than I can. haha!

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Tucson & LA are nice shots too!

When is your next race?