Sunday, April 06, 2008

Road Trip

Starting tomorrow, I'll be out on the road again. Tempe, AZ; Tucson, AZ; Torrance, CA; Carlsbad, CA; and Redmond, WA. 8 days, 5 cities. Should be fun.

It's getting hotter out here on the desert. I took a long slow run across the desert this afternoon. The wild flowers and spring grass I photographed only two weeks ago are dried up and quickly turning brown. Summer is just around the corner.

My black lab was really feeling the heat today. All winter, he'd dart out in front of me and chase after birds and rabbits whenever we ran across the open desert. Today, he just followed behind me. I stopped after 40 minutes and gave him a chance to rest in the shade and gulp down as much water has he'd drink. I think we need to switch to early morning runs.

Take care ... will post a few pictures when I get a chance.

7 comments:

Ewen said...

We could all learn something from your black lab about pacing ourselves in the heat.

I hope the trip goes well Phil, and the odd run you can squeeze in.

Chief Wahoo said...

I can't imagine dealing with that heat - I am still passing
plenty of snow along the side of the road during my runs!

Deene said...

poor pubby, he needs to come north, it was snowing out this morning.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

have fun tripping!

Josh said...

You are a road warrior!

Mike said...

You really need to look me up during one of your Tucson jaunts. Park the car in our driveway and we're just 1/2 mile away from Sabino Canyon.

Enjoy the road trip, and drop me a line if you have any good suggestions for accommodations in Carlsbad for a family of 4. We're heading there for vacation this spring with Bush's tax rebate, since the kids will be paying for it (gotta love the government spending now and paying later...much later).

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Dude, are you ever not traveling?

Yep, summer is coming in a hurry. 96 on Sunday...ouch.