Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Road Trip

OK ... I was in Tucson earlier this week (see pictures at the bottom). Didn't get to spend much time there. Sort of the ol' in out in out. I took the next several pictures from my hotel room and 3 mile run in the morning. It was a perfect Arizona morning. Unfortunately, I missed the major cactus blooming by a week. Next week this whole run would have been beautiful.





I flew over to LA on Tuesday night and ran along the coast in Manhattan Beach on Wednesday afternoon. The wind was blowing something fierce directly off the coast.

Posted by Picasa


Flowers on the coast ... imagine that.



The chump below tried to pass me after a couple of miles. I kept stopping to take pictures and then roared by him. It was fun watching him look over his shoulder as I caught up to him each time I stopped. I took this picture running sub 8/mi.



Posted by Picasa


I changed my plans a little. I'm not going to Carlsbad on Friday, but will return to Phoenix before heading up to Redmond, Washington. I got asked to go to Yeovil England today (near Stone Henge .. really cool), but I need to balance that with a trip to Toronto this month ... I haven't been to Toronto in 6 months and I'm suffering as a result. Pray for my administrative assistant. Pray that she doesn't kill me when I call her tomorrow.

11 comments:

Ewen said...

He's putting in the big ones too! Pretty sharp photo considering it was on the run.

Love the destinations, but definitely don't envy the time you must spend in airports.

Deene said...

you're very PC by properly referring to her as admin. assistant. nice photos!

Gotta Run said...

That "chump" must have never read your blog. No one passes PHIL!!!!!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

I thought the only place you could see an administrative assistant was in a history book. I agree with Ewen, I don't envy the amount of travel.

J~Mom said...

Great pictures! So envious of those beach shots!

Josh said...

Great pics Phil!

I'll be in San Fran later this month. Any running routes you'd suggest?

Ted said...

I miss running on "The Strand" between Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach. Terrific place! Makes me wanna go back there again.

Blaxabbath said...

Looks like your stayed at the Omni Tucson Natty. Next time you are down there, you should try to get out and hit Patrick's Loops or one of the other Nat'l Monument West routes.

Sub said...

Nice pics. Thanks for posting :)

Anne said...

There's such poetry in those pictures, and a certain justice in continually passing a guy in silky shorts.

Chief Wahoo said...

Awesome photos!