Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Running in Mexico

Got out for a quick run before heading into our Mexicali office this morning. I ran around through the neighborhoods near the hotel and also found a small park with a dirt track near by. This is where I took the photo to the left. The AVISIO part was understandable, but humor wasn't revealed until I translated the rest.

In addition to the park, I took a few pictures of the houses, bogenvias and ficus trees in the area (see below).

I made it back to Phoenix tonight without incident. The border crossing was uneventful, taking no more than 40 seconds. Our car did get stopped at one of the border patrol checkpoints on I-8 in California where we got asked if we were US citizens. It's only a matter of time before they'll be checking for travel papers (in order to keep us safe).

Enjoy.





7 comments:

Ewen said...

I'll have to translate the translation: "If you have more than 30 years not run, nor trotes before without taking your blood pressure.
If you are a diabetic or hypertensive not run, nor trotes."

Means:

If you're an old bloke and die while you're running, don't try to sue us.

Blaxabbath said...

If you got nothing to hide then you shouldn't worry about proving your identity to the government. You traveled to Mexico, went for a run, but couldn't read everything? That's why we have the Patriot Act. It's to help you!

Also, I like the last photo. I wish my sidewalk looked like that. Maybe if enough people in my neighborhood store that photo on our hard drives, our representatives will get the hint and replace our crooked cement ones with fancy mexican tile.

Ted said...

You are an excellent photographer. I really enjoyed every pictures you have taken. By the way, what kind of camera do you have? it has nice quality to it.

By the way, I have tagged you and hope you don't mind...

http://seetedrun.blogspot.com/2008/04/you-won-prize.html

Deene said...

funny sign - maybe it's supposed to be anti-running

jen said...

Ha ha, weird sign. Great pictures Phil- so colorful! Glad you made it home without incident. :)

Carmen said...

Great pictures. I absolutely love the vibrant colors of the trees and the flowers!

Gotta Run said...

You are one lucky guy to run in all of the laces you do!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife in about 2 1/2 months. Vacation countdown... almost!!