Sunday, May 11, 2008

Grand Canyon

This past week, I took an early morning flight from Phoenix to Seattle and brought along my camera to take a few pictures of the Grand Canyon as we flew over. The shot to the left is all I got. Nearly clear skies all the way, except directly over northern Arizona.

Otherwise, things are going well. I'm back up to 4 mile runs in the morning; still a long way from a nice 10 miler before work, but I'm running injury free. My "on the road" diet has improved, although my weight is still way up and over anything ideal. I'm still on target for my first race in 6 month in two weeks. Should be fun.

Hope you are all doing well.

9 comments:

Anne said...

This is good to hear, Phil. You might be surprised at how quickly those fresh legs pick up where you left off.

Gotta Run said...

Running Injury Free.... SWEET!!!!

Thanks for trying to show us a good picture of the Grand Canyon.

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Glad to hear you are running injury free. Stick with the running and eating right and the weight will take care of itself.

Just two weeks to your first race of the year...awesome!

Dusty said...

4 miles is good, keep it a gradual increase so you stay healthy!

Good job on the diet, I need to work on that a bit. I've been eating lazy people food (chips for dinner = bad).

Ewen said...

I had a quiet chuckle at that photo Phil. Thanks for trying.

Running injury free is sweet. Keep it going. There's nothing like a race to tell you where you're at :)

J~Mom said...

Isn't that the way it goes with photos? Nice try though!

Billy said...

Excellent news dude, being injury free is the main thing, don't worry about the weight too much. As long as your eating resonably healthy it'll soon drop off.

StumbleGuy said...

Nice to hear your back on the road again. How long is the race?

All the best.

Andy

Nicole said...

Great picture even if you can't see the grand canyon.

glad to hear you are prepared for your race.