Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Palos Verdes Peninsula

I'm still in California, ostensibly on vacation; although I did spend 2 hours on the phone this afternoon. My vacation not withstanding, I seem to running in two directions simultaneously. On the one hand, my overall fitness is increasing injury free; I ran a reasonable solid 5K this weekend, got in a nice 4 miler this morning with 2 miles run along in wet sand at the edge of the ocean - plus, my brother-in-law and I took in an 18 mile bike ride from the Manhattan Beach into the hills of Palos Verdes Peninsula, this morning (see pictures below). On the other hand, I'm still eating with abandon, hitting 198 this evening after getting back from a nutritious dinner of cheese burgers, fries and beer at one of the local dives near my brother-in-law's house.

Perhaps, I'll turn the corner at 200 lbs.

Anyway ... onto the pictures



Palos Verdes looking south from Redondo Beach


Looking North back towards Redondo Beach from the bluff in the previous picture


Rode down a very steep trail to the "beach" under the bluffs


Just have to wonder if this home-owner has seen his foundation from this vantage point recently


Nice spot for a house


Plenty of fun hills to ride

4 comments:

J~Mom said...

Weight watchers.......

weight watchers......

it's calling your name.....

Well only if you want it to be.

Looks gorgeous out there!

Ted said...

Looks so familiar to me. Those multi-million dollars home will go down to the Pacific Ocean in a few years.

Ewen said...

That's "only" 89.8kgs Phil - you should at least go for 90 before turning the corner ;)

I wouldn't like to be running along that trail when the next earthquake hits!

Josh said...

Lovin' those hills!

Weight, schmeight