Sunday, June 08, 2008

Jed Clampet has nothing on me

Cleaned out my storage unit this weekend; saving $139/month. After cleaning out my garage 3 or 4 weeks ago, we realized we had enough room to neatly fit the entire contents of our 10'x10'storage unit in our garage and still have room for 3 cars. So for 5 hours this weekend, I hauled our boxes and other assorted "keep sakes" back to the house. The last trip was too funny. I still had a bicycle, a large chair and a small sofa to move. I couldn't get the sofa inside my car, so I tossed it on the roof rack:



Training is going so-so. Got out and ran or ran/walked 5 days this past week. I also road my bike to work 4 out of 5 days. The total mileage isn't all that impressive, but I'm up and moving again. More importantly, the weight is coming down; started out at a high of 201.5 on Monday night and clocked in at 193 this morning.

Week in Review

Peak Weight - 201.5 lbs
Running - 13.2 Miles in 5 Runs
Biking - 36.0 Miles in 4 Rides
Cities - 1 (Phoenix, AZ)

I head back to Manhattan Beach, CA tomorrow afternoon for a few days and will need to stay focused on eating healthy. Should be doable.

Have a great week. Take care

11 comments:

Ewen said...

193 already! You can forget about making an appearance on The Biggest Loser.

Now if you had the sofa facing forwards it'd look just like Jed's truck!

Thomas said...

You didn't invite anyone to sit on the sofa for the trip then?

Deene said...

ha! you could have picked up a hitch-hiking granny for the sofa.

good job on the weight loss!

Grellan said...

That's some serious weight loss.

Gotta Run said...

Love getting things in place. Saving money on top of that is great!!

Great seeing the weight come down. Keep up the hard work.

Anne said...

Wow, that's a big drop in a short amount of time. Stay off the juice (and tomatoes grown in your state!). Sounds like you had a lovely vacation. I think it's harder to maintain or lose weight when you travel as much as you do. You're very dedicated though, so I've no doubt you'll keep it off.

That must be some garage if you can stuff it with storage and still fit three cars inside.

Michele said...

LOL, great pic.
Wish my weight would come off that fast. I am still paying for my weekend.

Josh said...

"...still have room for 3 cars"

Your garage is bigger than my apartment!

Jim said...

The weight loss had to be from nerves over the sofa on the roof rack. Obviously, if you put the sofa on the roof, you had enough duct tape to hold it in place!

It's not so bad that the sofa was on the roof, it's the fact that you were willing to show the fabric! Time to recover!

J~Mom said...

No need to store nice furniture like that when I have space for it. ;>)

Unnati said...

Hello Phil!

Good to see you're still running and still in the sun.

Hope all is well with you.

Give me a shout when you get into town. (Call me at home, not on my cellphone--I've changed it!)