Thursday, June 19, 2008

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

Warning , this post is a shameless travel log. My wife and I spent a rainy afternoon at Niagara Falls this past Monday, staying on the Canadian side of the border. Got in a lot of walking, but absolutely no running. None-the-less, I did take a few snaps that I want to share. Most of the photos are rather dark due to the deeply overcast skis.



You knew I wasn't going to limit my attention to dramatic water falls; not with tourist from all over the planet walking about (as typified above). The fellow in the sleeveless under-shirt could be me. Nice to see that it's not just us North Americans that are woefully out of shape.


Yours truly on the "Maid of the Mist" boat ride. "Mist" my ass. The Horseshoe Falls of the Canadian side pummel you with water. Lots of fun though. The side benefit of the taking the Maid of the Mist ride is the plastic poncho they give you to protect your cloths from the onslaught of water. I brought two of them home. They should really come in handy as I'm waiting for the gun to go off in the dead of winter when the air temperature is hovering just above freezing.



"These shoes are made for walking". Not your typical tourist attire, but who's complaining.



Cool rainbows in the "mist" created over Horseshoe Falls as the sun peaked out late in the afternoon.



The American Falls on the US side of the border



Looking back at Horseshoe Falls

Need to run. Take care.

3 comments:

J~Mom said...

Give that girl a cheeseburger, Phil. ;>)

Great photos! Looks so cool and refreshing...ahhh!

jen said...

Gorgeous photos!! I would love to see Niagra Falls someday. However, I don't think I could do that boat ride. Kinda freaky, like you'd get sucked under the falls or something. Obviously didn't happen to you, but you never know!

Deene said...

nice photos! i hope to visit there someday, thanks for sharing.