Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Staycation

Hi all ... as promised, I'm taking vacation this week; or more correctly, I'm taking a stay-cation. I'm staying put. I'll have to admit that I worked for 2 hours this morning - some 2009 budget issues that wouldn't wait until next week - but other than a few questions from my staff (great people - not to be ignored), I've stayed unplugged. Since Friday night when I left the office, I've run 6 times - nothing special - mostly outside in the morning - but I'm running. I've also taken the time for 2 weight workouts at the gym. I don't think I'll make the US Olympic Weight Lifting Team any time soon, but I was there.

There is no one happier that I'm taking vacation than my dog (see picture). He has been neglected over the past several months as I've jetted around the planet. This week, he's been out running or walking every morning, been on numerous car rides (he now expects to get a cup of whipped-cream on EVERY visit to Starbucks), plus uncountable hours running around playing with his toys. It's been a great week for him.

Hope your week is going great. More later.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha ha ha, nothing like spoiling the dog. That's great. Glad you're enjoying the stay-cation. I like that term.

mindy said...

Whipped cream - lucky dog! I hope you get to relax and indulge the pup and go for some great runs. Enjoy!!

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Staycations are wonderful. Enjoy your time off (so to speak).

That is one lucky dog. He'll just have to join you on a long, nice, easy run, and work off all that whipped cream!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

Ash and I are having a staycation as well - I'm taking Friday off, so we'll have a long weekend, and I decided we'd just stay in town!

Carmen said...

I'm still around, Phil. Like you, I've had to do a ton of work-related travel for August and I just hit my calm period late last week. Just in time for me and the hubby's anniversary.

Please enjoy your vacation. There is nothing like rejuvenation! I'm sure your dog loves you even more so for taking him out to do what he likes best. :)

Gotta Run said...

Lucky dog!! Funny how they need so little to be so happy. We could learn a lot from them.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Anne said...

You look relaxed and he looks happy. Now that's a real vacation.

J~Mom said...

Sounds really nice Phil!

Ewen said...

You know how to make a bloke jealous. I'd give anything for a Fat Tire right now ;)

pink dogwood said...

I need a vacation too :( What is Fat Tire?

Cute dog !!