Sunday, November 30, 2008

1000 Miles

I finally burst through the 1,000 mile mark for 2008 this morning. To say the least, it's been a tough year for me and it wasn't until this summer that I started to get my act together and returned to my roots. Things really kicked into high gear over the past few months and November has been simply outstanding.

How appropriate that I broke through the 1,0000 mile barrier with a 16.5 mile run; my longest run of the year.



As you can see above, I've been making steady improvement since April; but November was over the top. I've run 33, 36, 46 and 47 miles in the past 4 weeks. It must be that pesky muse kicking me in the butt.

Take care.

9 comments:

J~Mom said...

Congrats Phil!! That is awesome!

Ewen said...

Great trend Phil. I can see the 200 miles/month barrier being broken soon (if your pesky muse has her way).

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well with your running. That's a great November for sure.

Gotta Run said...

Now you are rocking it!!! Your Inner Muse... I love it.

Me and Sam Adams have become rather close since MMTR but I had to break the relationship off yesterday. Hard but had to be done. Scott cut off ties as well :)

Love it when you can see improvements and feel so alive. Keep going Phil!

Anne said...

Outstanding! I may need to borrow your muse because mine's still allowing me to sleep in too often and skip the post-run stretches. And who knew beer was that influential.

Jim said...

So very cool. 1000 miles and you still have time to roll up another 100 - 150!!!!

Does your muse have a sister? Actually reading your last two posts are becoming my muse.

I tip my hat to you. Now let me get out there for a run!!!!

Josh said...

whoo whoo!

Runtime said...

WTG Phil. YOu have been rocking the past few months.

jen said...

Wow, neat-o graph!

Congrats on the 1000 miles!