Saturday, November 29, 2008

My inner Muse

Everyone needs a muse and somehow, I found mine. She's that inner voice that tells you when enough is enough. Time to stop complaining about being too stiff in the morning and time to start yoga. Time to stop complaining about being too fat and time stop my informal campaign to taste each and every beer variety ever brewed. I don't know where my muse has been hiding; but, I'm happy to have her flooding my tiny brain with a better vision of myself.

I started yoga at the local LA Fitness 4 weeks ago and the results have been nothing less than amazing. I can touch the floor again, whereas 4 weeks ago, I struggled to reach my mid-calf. I no longer wake up in the mornings stiff and bent over and I can actually look both ways easily when I run across intersections. Just amazing.

After improving my diet and cutting down on my beer consumption, my weight dropped from 188.5 to 178.5 in 4 weeks. I just couldn't hang onto the pounds. I even got through the Thanksgiving food-fest without any extra poundage.

Listen to your muse, she will set you free.

Running is also going very well as well. In the past 3 weeks I've got in 33, 36 and 46 miles and I'm on track to run another 46 this week. The best part is that I'm running pain free and nothing is getting in my way. I ran my mid-week 12 miler on Thanksgiving morning through a driving rain storm with the water running ankle deep down the streets. Feeling good feels so good.

Hope all is well.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Great news, Phil! Good for you man. Keep it going and happy running!

jeanne said...

wow, you make it sound so easy! how many days a week do you do yoga? great work!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

yay!

J~Mom said...

Yoga is amazing! Now you need to try Bikram! Great job Phil!

Ewen said...

But Muse, there are so many great micro breweries out there!

Great advertisement for Yoga Phil - I should look at that. Well done on dropping the kgs too.

Deene said...

cool! this makes me want to take up yoga.