Thursday, January 01, 2009

Desert Run

Took my black lab out for a nice 6 miler through Piestawa Peak Park this afternoon and took an awful lot of pictures. My left arch is sore from all the pounding on the rocks, but it was worth it. I'm still on a high from last night's 3 mile PR.

Instead of bunch of words, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

I took way too many Pictures of my Black Lab; but, with the sun low on the horizon, I actually got a few good shots. He often simply blends into the background:








Of course, after hamming it up for the camera all afternoon, I couldn't get him to turn around to take a picture with me:




This whole area is real pretty with rolling hills, rocky trails, beautiful vistas and plenty of Saguaro cacti.







I think this is what is left of a Palo Verde Tree



You can see "4 PEAKS" in the background ... over 50 miles to east:





Have a great week and a fabulous year!

5 comments:

mindy said...

One can never take too many pictures of one's dog. You both look great! It's 9 degrees here right now, pictures of your desert run are going to keep me going through the winter - happy new year!

RunningLaur said...

It was perfect weather for a trail dun yesterday, looks like a great time!

Nicole said...

Great pictures.

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Those are all great pictures. Happy New Year, Phil!

Runtime said...

I am drooling over those pictures of the sun at this time of year. You are very lucky in the wintertime. I guess you pay for it in the summer =) but you can always run at like 4 am. =)