Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Votes are In


Couch Potato: I didn't get out of the house last night and didn't make it to the gym. Tonight isn't looking good either. On the plus side, I am on a roll and will have the 2009 budgets for my group laid out by the end of the night. 


Running: I need to include something about running; this is, after all, primarily a running blog. Tomorrow is Friday. Normally, Friday is a rest day; but, this week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were rest days, so I'll need to drag my sorry butt out of bed in the morning and START my running week. Then, and only then, I'll have something to report.

8 Feet Running: Altough I suck, I am coaching a small team of 4 runners, all newbies. I convinced them that it would be a lot of fun to run a 30K relay in December and promised that I'd get them in ship-shape to do well. They are all out running me at the moment and are giving me the inspiration to get my legs moving again before they find out that I'm a slacker. I'll have more on them in later posts.

In the mean time, enjoy your lives and loved ones. Go give someone a big hug for me.

Cheers.




6 comments:

Anne said...

It's amazing how much clarity comes from stripping down to the basics. I'm glad that through all this you're rediscovering the power of friendship. We had an incident here this week that made me reexamine that element of life.

And don't ever consider yourself a slacker for foregoing running because of other people in need. That makes you a much better human being. And that, to me, is much better than being a good runner. Hands down.

pink dogwood said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gotta Run said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Love2Run said...

You have alot on your plate so make it healthy at least ;-) The running group sounds like fun. Why not a marathon relay which is a bit intimidating but still doable?

J~Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.